- Do not turn on the pool lights immediatey after opening. The light housing must adapt and the condensation must evaporate. Turning the light on prematurely can cause the light to burn out.
- Dichlors and Trichlors (granular chlorine) carry a very low pH level (6.8). If you've noticed throughout the season that you were having a problem with low pH, the amount of dry chlorine may be part of the problem. Remember, periods of low pH levels WILL cause equipment damage. You may need to change your usage by cutting back on the granular and replacing with liquid chlorine.
- Please keep in mind that if you are using Proteam High Tech chemicals, it is not necessary to keep your chlorine levels at 10ppm, 3-4ppm is sufficient.
- Be careful when using calcium-based chlorine. Those of us who have well-water, normally have a high calcium level to begin with. If you add calcium-based chemicals to source water with high calcium, your pool water may turn cloudy (think calcium=milk). Calcium is a mineral which cannot be lowered with chemicals. You must drain and dilute in order to lower your levels; but it is difficult to dilute with high calcium in your source water. Inevitably, you will end up flocking and using clarifiers to rectify your problem. The money you thought you were saving by purchasing a cheaper chemical will now be spent fixing the problem, and your relaxing pool-time will be lost as well.
- With all chlorine-based chemicals, check your percentages to be sure the chemical content is higher than the inerts (inerts=filler added to make weight). Remember that the more filler you add to your pool, the higher the Total Dissolved Solids (TDS). As with calcium, TDS can create many problems such as chemicals locking up. The only solution for high TDS is to drain and dilute and, in most cases, starting from the beginning. Please be aware of what you are adding to your pool beforehand. Always have your stabilizer (Cyanuric Acid) levels checked prior to starting regular maintenance. If levels are too high, it will cause a chemical lock-up.
- If you run into a problem and need to shock your pool, use liquid chlorine. This will not lock-up your chemicals; it works fast and if used correctly for your size pool, it will normally correct the problem. Always check your pH level first. If your pH is too high, it will cause the liquid to not work properly. You must use the correct amount of chlorine in order to shock the pool effectively. Under-cutting will ultimately be a waste of time and money. Once you've accomplished your clean-up, balance and revert back to regular maintenance.
SALT GENERATOR CUSTOMERS
Salt generators are not miracle workers. The generator is making liquid chlorine. Your pH must always be in balance, in order for your generator to work properly. All other maintenance should be performed the same way as you would in a chlorine pool. Please do not rely on your generator to generate chlorine until your water temperature has reached 55°-60° temps.
BILLING AND SCHEDULING
Your Opening Package will be billed prior to opening with the credit card provided. Chemicals used for opening will be billed after service.
Please read through the contract fully when choosing your package. The Billing Department will invoice according to the contract services rendered. As always, you will receive a phone call the weekend prior to opening with your specific opening day. Please keep the area clean & accessible for our service technicians. If we are opening your pool, we will be happy to deliver chemicals at the time of service/or schedule a separate delivery.
NOTE: - ALL SERVICES AND SCHEDULING ARE WEATHER PERMITTING
THANK YOU FOR UNDERSTANDING
Our service technicians will be taking extra precautions during service calls for this upcoming season. We ask that you please do your best to limit engaging with them while they are servicing your pool or spa.
STILL NOT SURE, CONFUSED OR HAVE ADDITIONAL QUESTIONS?
We are just a phone call (1-847-497-3103) or an email (firstname.lastname@example.org) away; you can save time, money and aggravation.
Do it right the first time and ENJOY your pool!
- SPLASH BASH SALE is April 21-April 23 - stock up on supplies at 20-25% off for all in-stock items
- Pay close attention to the chemicals purchased and their ingredients!
- Any questions, CALL or EMAIL us first!
- PRAY FOR A LONG, hot summer this year!
- Most importantly ENJOY your pool and the summer season
We look forward to working together with each & everyone, with hopes of creating a safe and enjoyable 2023 season.
~ Teri and the Novotny Sales Team